Wednesday, July 22, 2009

F U, Ji (cont.)

(I wish I could say I come up with this title. Alas, I stole it.)

Now that I've calmed down from the devastation of losing the only digital copy of my memories (aside from the blog post detailing my adventure), I will finish the story. Not that there's much more to say!

So, yeah. I will continue from the very spot I quit. It is in your hands to connect the two halves. Here goes!

--- my misery! The landscape below me was half visible through the haze of the slowly fading cloud. Then a gust of wind brought the cloud back in full force! Oh no! Misery returned.

Just kidding; I went as fast as I could to get below cloud level permanently. A grin of epic proportions consumed the lower half of my face the first time I saw the full view! It was fucking beautiful. A large and knobby light green shape in the sea of green was next to a slightly smaller blue shape. Off to the left and way off in the distance was cityscape and city skyline, respectively. I knew the blue to be a lake, and I suspected the light green was a rice field. Later, this was confirmed to be true. And I could still see SOME clouds below me. The puffy white kind, not the ugly, sinful gray kind. Exactly the kind of thing I like to see!

If I was the kind of guy who skipped, I would've skipped the rest of the way down the mountain. Instead, I took my sweet time, taking breaks as much as possible, even if I didn't really need to anymore. Seriously, it invigorated me to such an extent that my exhaustion had nearly dissipated entirely! Never have I enjoyed such a wonderful feeling from simply looking at something. It's true that I always, always love looking at landscapes, and nature, and cities (especially from high above), but going from such a low as I had been at the top of the mountain to this high was amazing.

I don't know if I can say I'd do it again (I can only take so much pain), but it was totally worth it, in every way.

And then I reached Kawaguchiko 5th Station once again and took the bus back to Kawaguchiko, where my exhaustion set in once and I started hallucinating. But it was a good kind of delirium, this time.

Happy endings for all!

Except you, SD card. I'd like to break you to tiny, tiny little pieces. Grr. But not until I'm absolutely 100% sure that there's no chance whatsoever of getting my photos back! I've chosen to remain optimistic for now, even though I know logically the chances are pretty low.

So that's my story.

2 comments:

  1. I imagine the view triggered something like a runner's high in you: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Endorphin_rush#Runner.27s_high

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well that sure sounds about right.

    ReplyDelete