Friday, July 24, 2009

BLAST FROM THE PAST pt. 3

I'm not sure which is worse. Having the pictures and losing them, or simply not being able to take the pictures in the first place.

It might seem immediately clear to you: "Obviously, losing what you already have is worse!"

But, for me, just the act of taking the pictures is enjoyable. I like lining up the perfect shot. I like zooming in on a flower or bug or rock in macro mode. I like pulling back and getting as much of the view as possible into one shot. I like framing things in the branches of a tree. (I like the last one a lot, probably to a fault - they sadly rarely ever turn out as well as I think they will.)

I definitely enjoyed taking those pictures on Fuji. You know, the pictures I no longer have. I still have the memories of climbing and the memories of taking the pictures.

However, losing them was pretty devastating. Not nearly as devastating as not being able to take pictures at the Imperial Palace, as described below...

Then again, the Imperial Palace is NOTHING compared to climbing to the summit of the tallest mountain in Japan. If you ask me!

Gah.

Gah.

Gah.

(Gah.)

03/24/09 - PALACE OF THE DEAD CAMERA

Goddamnit. Camera battery died before the day was out. Lesson fucking learned. Charge that shit every night. Maybe get a spare. Looked in Akihabara, but it was expensive or not the same voltage. Gah.

Maid cafes -- weird. Didn't go in one but we walked by and I swear at one point we were surrounded by eight maids all advertising for the same maid cafe.

Oh, and I walked into this figurine store and saw some creepy old guy staring creepily at some bare-breasted figurines.

Angry about the camera. Gah. Palace was pretty damn cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment