Friday, July 24, 2009

All you have to do is ask!

I just spent the better part of the day wandering around Yokosuka (specifically nearby the Yokosuka Chuo station) looking for an electronics store. About two and a half hours, I believe. I really needed a new SD card and SD card reader, just in case it's the reader I've been using that fried my past two cards.

I didn't find one there.

Dismayed, I returned to my station (Kenritsudaigaku) and ate some tempura shrimp soba. Worth it! On a whim, I went off the beaten path (i.e., the path home) on the off-chance there would be the kind of store I needed in that direction. I thought I found one and went inside. Alas, it only LOOKED like the kind of store I needed. But I asked where I could buy an SD card, if they knew, and this guy came out the back (because he could speak English, unlike the lady I was talking to previously), and started trying to explain to me where to go.

But then he gave up and took me there. Just up and walked out of his store to walk for ten minutes and show me the building.

Japan rocks.

(As it turns out, I've looked at this very building many times from my balcony, wondering what that smiling sun was. Now I know. Kojima - where all your electronic dreams come true.)

No comments:

Post a Comment