Monday, July 20, 2009

BLAST FROM THE PAST pt. 1

When I first arrived in Japan, I kept a journal for seven days and then abruptly stopped. I don't really know why. I had planned to continue, but I must've gotten distracted, and me being an extremely absent-minded person... My washing machine sprung a leak today.

I make no promises these will be interesting, as I wrote them without an audience in mind, as opposed to what you see on this blog.

I will write in great detail - or as much as I can remember - about my Fuji experience tomorrow. I'm still too exhausted to do any real writing! What a coincidence, then, that the first entry from my "private" journal is also about exhaustion!

These are completely unchanged from when I originally wrote them. Enjoy. Or don't.

(I will probably post one a day, for convenience, simplicity, and ease of consumption.)

03/22/09 - ARRIVAL

Exhausted. Plane trip was way too long, legs cramped to hell and back, dragged suitcases around the world... Took a train from the airport to Shinjuku, and from Shinjuku took a cab to Yoyogi Olympics Center. Didn't want to take the train to Yoyogi... still too tired.

Too tired for thoughts -- only two real encounters with a Japanese person thus far, with the exception of people I gave money for service. First was at the airport waiting for everyone to show up. Japanese security guard walked up and said hello to all of us. Seemed pretty friendly. I am so totally screwed at understanding people when they speak Japanese.

Second duder was our teacher for the two-week course. He spoke English well, so no problem there. until he stops speaking English of course.

Guh. Tired.

No comments:

Post a Comment