Friday, September 4, 2009

BLAST FROM THE PAST pt. 6

I wonder if I'd do another tea ceremony.

Shudder.


03/27/09 - SENSEI == OTOO-SAN ???

Japanese tea ceremonies are fucking BRUTAL. Oh my GOD my KNEES. HOW DOES ANYONE SIT LIKE THAT WITHOUT BEING IN PAIN.

Okay, now that that's out of the way...

Japanese tea ceremonies are fucking cool. The style, the details, the formalities. It all comes together into one amazingly cool example of Japanese culture that doesn't have one goddamn thing to do with anime or video games or pop culture of any sort. I totally enjoyed it and I got to be a PART of it. So cool.

Still, the pain. I hope I don't have to deal with that again. Or maybe I do, so I can get used to it. I don't know! It was very cool and I'm glad I experienced it at least once.

Sensei helped me buy a pair of nice pants today, since the pair I brought doesn't fit. Go me! (I am an idiot.) Felt like my dad was there helping me buy my first pair of dress pants, getting it sized and hemmed. Heh. Wish I could understand Japanese better myself so I could've done it without him, though. Oh well, maybe one day.

Also gonna need dress shoes at some point if I get a job. Probably going to have to get those shipped from America. Size 14 just ain't happenin' in Japan, I assume. Heh. That might actually be the hardest part of living in Japan for me, is my size. I need to find a way to shrink!

Was going to do karaoke tonight but thanks to a bunch of miscommunication, that didn't happen at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment