Tuesday, September 8, 2009

BLAST FROM THE PAST pt. 10 (and 11)

I'm pumping all of these old entries out now because I wanted to do it before I left Japan. I just kind of forgot about it until now. OOPS.

I eventually did not ever go back to Shinjuku Gyoen. Oops doubletwice! But that's okay 'cause I went to a million other places. Even before the sakura went away!

I'm sure, now, I have the motivation to continue to fulfill my photographic desires, even outside Japan.

Well, probably.


03/31/09 - SHIT IS PINK, YO

Sakura, eh? Beautiful.

One of the few things I absolutely wanted to see from the very moment I decided I would try to come to Japan. We went to Shinjuku Gyouen (Shinjuku Garden) today for hanami (sakura viewing). It was pretty fucking glorious. I think I'm getting better at picking good angles and framing shots. I took what I think are some pretty damn good pictures today. I think I might go back to the park on my own sometime so I have all the time I want instead of having to stick with the group. Or I can go somewhere else I guess.

Regardless... extremely pretty.

I love Japan. I mean, yes, I could've taken pretty pictures at home, but I don't know if I could have found the motivation without doing something as drastic as Moving To Another Country.

And just because it's the last thing I wrote before I gave up the first time, here's... the last thing I wrote before I gave up the first time!

Nothing particularly interesting. You could say I went out on considerably less than a bang.


04/01/09 - LOW-LIGHTING HURTS

Train surfing... the next big sport. Calling it now.

Edo-Tokyo museum is purdy neet. All the low lighting was hell on the ol' camera, though.

Also Canada is dumb. They signed the wrong line on the Japanese document of surrender during WWII. Good job!

Walked back from Shinjuku in the rain tonight. Was raining pretty hard, too. I haven't done that in a while. I was totally drenched by the time I got back and it was absolutely fantastic.

That is all.

No comments:

Post a Comment