Monday, August 31, 2009

I dream of bus drivers.

Because I woke up Sunday morning and vividly remembered my dream and it was a very strange dream, I wrote about it. And because I can, I'm posting it here.

Amateur psychics and whatnots, tell me what my dream means.


It begins, as many things begin, unexpectedly. I was back in high school and I had quit the band. But my band director, Mr. Wood, managed to talk me into joining again, somehow. After the day's practice, he called me over, conspiratorially, and informed me that the band would be competing the folllowing Saturday in a Star Wars music competition. He had yet to inform the rest of the band, but assured me that I was fully squared away - I guess he knew I would be coming back.

But the day was over and I had to go back home. Somehow I ended up on a bus. But I wasn't supposed to be on the bus! L.J. was also on the bus, though, and going home. I figured if they were going to L.J.'s they'd pass by my house, because my house was on the way. This is sound logic.

I was... with someone, but I can't remember who. Eventually we arrived at a neighborhood that I recognized. It had big houses. I think I recognized it because I'd seen it in OTHER dreams I've had before. I'm not sure if I got off here or not, though.

Nevertheless, eventually I DID get off, and I found myself at a house that I did NOT recognize, but I knew it was my house anyway. I hadn't been able to reach dad, despite calling him the entire ride there, and I didn't have a key, so I had to break in. How did I do this? I turned into an animal of course. I think it was an ant. I climbed up a tree. Upon reaching the third floor window, I turned into a bee to fly over there. My dad's window was not open so I investigated my sister's window. I don't have a siser. But she had a window anyway. The window was open, as I knew it would be, because she is not a responsible person.

I turned into a roly-poly and crawled through the screen. Then I worked my way over to dad's room, where I called him again.

THE NEXT DAY

I was back at school, and the day was over again. This time, though, I was talking to... someone. I think the leader of the bus drivers. She was having this strange effect on me, making me want to stay and eat. But I kept fighting it. I walked out of her office and noticed my bus driver from yesterday, who was attractive, like bus drivers are NOT supposed to be in any logical universe, and she was wolfing down an insane amount of food.

She noticed me and offered me some food. Yet again, I fought it. I turned on my cell phone and attempted to concentrate and teleport away. I don't know why my cell phone had to be on, but it did. I did manage to teleport away, though. But only a few feet.

I did this all night...

The next morning, the attractive bus driver commended me on my success at refusing the food. "You never got away, but you did manage to avoid the temptation with all those attempts to get away. Good job." I think those were her exact words.

Flash forward a couple weeks...

I was out on the playground during recess (in high school?!) with the attractive bus driver. We were wearing nice, formal clothes for some reason. I had helped her escape the urges, as well, and she was thanking me profusely. I just smiled.

Then, I glanced over her shoulder and noticed a couple dancing. I think the woman was the leader of the bus drivers, and for the first time since I'd met her, she looked happy! Since we were happy, too, I asked the attractive bus driver to dance with me. She blushed and agreed.

We danced like it was 1949 and out of nowhere a ton of other (old, ancient) couples appeared to dance with us, while the young kids enjoyed their recess around the dance party.

I suddenly realized I had a dress on.

2 comments:

  1. Dude...that is the best dream ever! I love it. It's like a crazy, amusing short story. I wish I had dreams like that...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remembered my dream from last night, too, but I didn't have enough time to write it up this morning. I don't think it was quite as bizarre, however.

    ReplyDelete