Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Return to Castle Himejistein

Just kidding it was my first time.

My self-guided tour through Himeji Castle was rather uneventful, but it was also long! Longer than most places I visit, at any rate. There was more construction. When I walked through the (...bailey, I think it was called?) some dudes were painting.

Grrr.

I enjoyed touring the grounds, and there was a nice view of Himeji from the top of Himeji castle. Thinking about it now, I would've loved to see the view back when it was first built. I bet it was great. ):

Incidentally, I also lost my sunglasses. It would've been my third pair since coming to Japan! I'm very absent-minded. But after asking a guard, I managed to get them back. Some kind soul handed them to the front desk. Aww.

Just one thing, though: is my Japanese accent really so bad? I couldn't remember how to say "lost" in Japanese, so instead I asked if the guard understoof English. "Sumimasen ga! Eego o wakarimasu ka?" I had to repeat the second sentence several times! I thought it was pretty clear, but I guess I failed.

Later, I ate lunch at a McDonald's and tried me an ebi I mean shrimp filet sandwich. It wasn't bad!

The rest of the day (that is to say, the evening) was devoted to meeting an Internet Friend in Kobe for dinner (delicious udon, which I always love because it is delicious) and a tour of Tits Park. And its butt statue.

A statue.

Of butts.

In Tits Park.

I...

2 comments:

  1. i am glad you liked the butt statue. also, it's EIGO! maybe they thought you were asking if they spoke waffle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I was taught eego by my teacher. Either way they'd be pronounced the same! Long vowels, son!

    Also I submit that anyone who does not speak waffle does not deserve to live.

    ReplyDelete