Monday, August 10, 2009

I <3 my JJF

I have what I like to call my own, personal jovial Japanese fellow.

His name is Kobayashi-san, and he always greets me with a smile.

Every day, at least once, he walks by my desk, slow as a sleeping rabbit, until I notice him. Then he smiles and waves, and walks away without a word. Some days it is as soon as I arrive in the morning, and other days it is almost immediately before I leave.

He also sort of looks ancient, but has the posture and energy of a five year old, and smokes, of course!

Every time there is a work event (whether it is an after-work party, or a during-work festival preparation or perimeter cleaning) he is glad to lead the way and show me how it's done.

When we go drinking, he is always prodding me to try the food, whatever it may be. Or encouraging me in my slowly-developing alcoholic habits.

He is so cheery! It is adorable!

I recommend everyone find their own jovial Japanese fellow to brighten their day. It works wonders for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment