Thursday, June 18, 2009

Progress and Insights


Look I added a dumpster and sidewalk and road!

I won't pretend this is even good. But the more I practice the better I get, right? It's mostly the scale of things that I have problems with when I do this. I had to resize the road three times, and I think I should probably make the sidewalk smaller. (I actually did make smaller tiles, I just didn't replace it yet. Figured I'd think about it.) And the curbs might need to be shorter? Hmm.

I was going to make a haunted house but then I started and I didn't know where to go after I made the house. Thought I'd go back to something simpler.

---

In other news, I've been in Korea now for two weeks. I've gotten over the misery of being stuck in a place I don't want to be. Even so, I have yet to do anything exciting. I haven't done much exploring.

I find I have no real desire to do these things when I'm alone. It's like... I dunno, what's the point? I could go see cool places and then talk about them, but it's not the same. And every time I go out and walk around, I just feel... well, lonely I guess. No, when I'm alone, I prefer spending my time doing things like this. Or like practicing pixel art. Reading books. You know, alone time things.

Of course, that doesn't stop me from feeling like I'm wasting an opportunity. I mean, I'm in Korea! Why the hell am I sitting around in a motel room waiting to be able to go back to Japan?

I know I should go out, but I don't want to do it alone. Not that I have a choice, right?

I still have two and a half weeks (ish) left here. We shall see. We shall see.

Side note: Thus far not a huge fan of the food. The spicy seafood soup I had at "Asian Fusion Restaurant" was awesome, but everything else has been underwhelming or disgusting. Kind of disappointing actually.

No comments:

Post a Comment