Thursday, June 25, 2009

Alone time...

I guess I needed it. While it is true that I do not enjoy traveling alone nearly as much as I do traveling with friends or - dare I say it! - family, it is probably not as extreme as I alluded to in my previous post.

After spending quite a bit of time meditating, I have finally fully accepted the fact that I have basically been screwed throughout most of my Japan experience. Accepted and embraced. While there has been a lot of shit going down, it has also been a wonderful experience. I would like it to be over for now, and to come back again in the future when I'm not restricted by School, but...

This is not why I started this post. After spending time relaxing and doing some things I have been wanting to do for a long time (such as the pixel art, more of which I will post below), I am once again in the mood to explore. I would love to have someone along with me, but what can I do about that? Nothin'.

Today I walked along Insadong. Supposedly it is the most traditionally Korean street in Seoul. (Or is it all of Korea? I forgot!) It was recommended to me, along with, specifically, a place called simply Old Tea Shop. After walking up and down the street (dong means street, I think, or something similar), I found the particular alley I was meant to walk down to find the tea.

I ordered some cinnamon tea. I am not a huge fan of tea - you might even say I actively dislike it. This shit was the shit. So good. I have never enjoyed tea so much. The place also had a great atmosphere! The owner lets these pretty little birds fly all around inside the place. I am no ornithologist, so I have absolutely no idea what kinds of birds they are, but there were orange, white, blue... An assortment. I have read that sometimes they will hop down on the table and eat the crumbs of your rice cake, or land on your shoulder, but neither happened to me. It's all good, though. It was nice to just sit in there and drink that super delicious tea.

It is only a fifteen minute walk from my motel so I think I am going to go back there at some point. Shame no one is here to share it with me. )':

---

Here's some more pixel art! I made each of these for a NeoGAF isometric city, as found in this thread. Everything is filled with GAF and/or video gaming in-jokes (many of which I don't get). Including my entries. They've all seen multiple versions and edits and will probably see more. Especially the graveyard which will grow larger soon.

PC games are the best, and so are the people who play them.

You're either with us or against us.

Franchises die and are reborn.


Pound that F5 key! REFRESH THAT PAGE.

No comments:

Post a Comment