Thursday, May 14, 2009

Voices in the Wind

At times, Japan is wonderful, and beautiful. At times, Japan is bizarre, and fascinating.

At times Japan is creepy.

On occasion a certain type of vehicle passes near my place of residence. Alas, I do not have a picture. I actually rarely see them as I am walking around the city! If I manage to snap a picture, I will post it. Atop these vehicles sit speakers. Voices erupt from the speakers as the vehicle travels the roads. I am pretty certain I know what this is for: politics.

However, the way the voices sound, as I am sitting or lying in my room, is somewhat... foreboding? Maybe it is because I read too many books and play too many games in such a setting, but the voices give off a sort of dystopian vibe. I wish I could record the way it sounds, but that is even more difficult than taking a picture. I am also certain that the reason it gives me this feeling is largely because I just don't understand a goddamn word they are saying.

Suffice it to say, it turns an otherwise normal and cheery day into an eerie one.

2 comments: